Instead of focusing on your reaction in the moment, step back and restart who you really are. The real you has no agenda. It lives in the present and responds openly to life… Let fear, anger, jealousy, resentment, victimization, or any conditional reaction arise. Don’t oppose it. Yet the minute you become aware of it, say, “You’re not me.”
If your soul is the real you, then it posses the power to transform you, once you open yourself to it. You will know that you are responding from the soul level whenever you do the following:
• Accept the experience that’s in front of you.
• Approve of other people and yourself.
• Cooperate with the solution at hand.
• Detach yourself from negative influences.
• Remain calm in the face of stress.
• Forgive those who offend or wrong you.
• Approach the situation selflessly, with fairness to all.
• Exert a peaceful influence.
• Take a nonjudgmental attitude, making no one else feel wrong.
1) Remain centered.
2) Be clear.
3) Expect the best.
4) Watch and wait.