Life can get crazy. It happens when we have to balance work, school, family, relationships, social events, exercise, diet, hydration, sleep, me time, and the list goes on. The best approach to prioritizing is to make your priorities… a priority.
- Below you will find a wheel with 15 spokes and 5 circles
- Each end of a spoke represents your priorities in life
- Each wheel represents the attention that you provide each priority on a daily basis (some may be weekly or monthly)
- Write a priority above each spoke
- Rate the priority by the attention it receives with a dot at the intersection point of a specific spoke and affiliated circle
- Inner Circle = Least attention, Outer Circle = Most attention
- Draw a line to connect each dot – does it make a [somewhat] rounded circle?
- A wheel cannot turn fluidly unless all of its spokes are well-taken care of, straight, and balanced
- This will help put your current life into perspective
- This will help you become aware of what needs more attention than others
The above diagram is a generalized example. Notice how all of the spokes are not balanced and the wheel cannot turn fluidly? Now you try…