Want to change? Want to change for the better? Want to know if a desired change will be beneficial or detrimental?
- What is your greater goal?
- What are the steps towards that greater goal?
- Take one of those steps that seems realistic – that can be done on a daily-to-weekly basis
- Incorporate that change into your life
- Take note/write down how that change influences your mood, your personality/attitude, your relationship with self and others, your energy levels, your sleep patterns, your detoxification systems (skin, breath, sweat, bowel movements), and your overall health (as defined by you).
- Maintain this change and keep a record of its progress or regress for at least 4-8 weeks. At the “end” point, define whether the change proves to help or hinder your life.
- At this point you can incorporate another desired change into your life.
It’s possible to change quicker than 4-8 weeks. It’s possible to incorporate more than one change into your life at one time. It’s possible that this is too analytical of an approach. I offer this perspective as a perspective to those who want to change, to who say that they “can’t”, to who have an inner battle of wants vs. needs (last time I checked, we all have experienced these obstacles at one point in time).
Change is the only constant in our lives. Why not make it easier on yourself?