- You control your thoughts, your thoughts don’t control you
- Listen to your intuition, not your ego
- Bring awareness to your decisions/perspectives/experiences by taking the time to understand where your thoughts came from and how they brought you here
- Good posture promotes good breathing promotes the flow of inner energy throughout your body
- Drink water when your body tells you
- Eat food when your body tells you – don’t complicate it, don’t over-think it, listen to your cravings, and pay attention to your body’s dialogue of what’s good and bad for YOU
- Sleep enough hours every single night – do ego-based priorities take charge?
- Move enough and rest enough – BALANCE
- Experience it, take it in, & let it go – be present within every moment
- Your fears are not real, you make that shit up
- Your physicality is a manifestation of the non-physical you
- Quiet the mind, quiet the body – take time each day to rest your thoughts
- Live YOUR life, not a life of expectations
- Be like water, following the path of least resistance – ever-flowing with ease, yet unbreakable
- Discover your inner foundation
This began as a short list and it grew to 15, which is still rather short as I’m trying to be fairly general since this is… you know… a blog about not complicating things. Having said that, I must attribute some of these points to stem off of the Chek Institute’s Six Foundational Principles for Health, i.e. Thoughts, Breathe, Hydration, Nutrition, Movement, and Sleep. I enjoy those broad approaches but, of course, I have my own way of doing things… and that, I think, is what is meant to happen when perspectives are shared…
Take what you need and leave the rest.
I’m not overly-elaborating on any of my aforementioned points because that would, again, negate what I’m going for here. They’re pretty straight forward and are open to your interpretation. If you are stuck on one or do not understand its place in your life, perhaps that’s an opportunity where answers are awaiting your pursuit.
If you’d like to discuss this perspective along with other health-related insights, please contact me for a FREE Conversation.