- Why do we self-destruct?
- Why do we cause ourselves more pain?
- Why do we run away, bury, or hide in chaos?
- Why do we not take self-responsibility and trade it for self-negligence?
- Why do we not realize the immense pain we are causing ourselves by creating more pain?
- Why do we build walls between ourselves and our surroundings to feel more protected when it only creates loneliness and fear?
- Why do we turn to outer escapes to temporarily fill an inner void?
- How did that void appear in the first place?
What is necessary to be indestructible?
Self-responsibility is important to understand why and how we experience life, but that responsibility can only come through awareness, acceptance, love, trust and fulfillment of self.
1) Become aware of the cause – actions and reactions are symptoms
- Take time to reflect on the possibility of self-unhappiness – Am I truly happy?
- Take time to understand why self-unhappiness may exist – What makes me unhappy?
- Take time to revisit where and when self-unhappiness began – What are the first memories of my unhappiness – the root cause?
- Take time to realize what are the symptoms of that cause – Actions, reactions, habits, personality, attitude, hurting, inflicting, neglecting, sabotaging, drowning, abandoning, excuses, avoiding, controlling, and selfishness to name a few.
- Take time to see where that unhappiness has lead or built a path to present day – How did I get here?
2) Accept [and be grateful for] the past because it has shaped the present
- Appreciate taking the time to reflect, understand, revisit, realize, and see the root cause – this is not always an easy first step.
- Appreciate good and bad past experiences because today’s world would not exist without yesterday’s construction and destruction.
- Appreciate the bad so it can be learned from and turned into good.
- Appreciate all flaws, mistakes, imperfections, actions, reactions, judgements, assumptions, pains, shames, walls, and escapes as a part of self – I didn’t know any other way (this is all I knew how to do) and I did the best that I could at that time.
3) Unconditionally love self as a perfect culmination of the past and a desire of future
- Forgiveness of self and others is an important step towards self-love
- Love self of the past to love self of the present to be self of the future
- Life is perfect because it occurs as it is intended - I am perfect.
- Love can only be found within self. - An outside acceptance of love will come when an inside acceptance of love exists.
- Give what is willing to be received. Receive what is willing to be given. – Karma.
4) Trust in self
- Be open and honest with self.
- Trust in self-love – My love is enough.
- Trust that exists on the inside will attract trust that exists on the outside.
- Trust and love in self are necessary to find trust and love in others.
5) Fulfill self – The effect of the cause
- Awareness, Acceptance, Unconditional Love and Trust are the foundation of Self-fulfillment.
- Self-happiness will come when it exists within.